Saturday, September 19, 2009

Roman:Rich Wedding



When I first met Duane and Jen I thought they were such a cute couple. Just the way they interacted as I asked them questions about the wedding illustrated that they were madly in love with one another. After I was hired to provide Dj and lighting services for their reception and the Bernardo Inn, Duane and I immediately went to work on the music.

With such a profound love for all types of music, it was very important that I take their guests on a musical journey through the minds of Duane and Jen. This musical journey began at the cocktail hour as I played some classic jazz infused with 80's and 90's R&B hits from artists such as Keith Sweat, Jodeci, Stevie Wonder, and Smokey Robinson.


As guests were invited into the reception ballroom they were immediately inundated in the decor accented by the dramatic uplighting placed throughout the room washing the walls in pink and amber. The journey then continued at dinner as we listened to the sounds of John Legend, Robin Thicke, Ben Harper, Jack Johnson, Neo, Jamie Foxx, and Usher.


Erin Melton from Behind the Bride provided the day-of coordination services and kept me on track with the timeline and entertained with her "funky" dance moves. Each of the guests had nothing but great things to say about how the event turned out - all thanks to the vision of Duane and Jen. We danced until 11pm when Boyz to Men's End of the Road concluded the evening and our musical journey. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs Roman!

No comments:

Post a Comment