Monday, May 25, 2009

Advanced Open Water Divers

So I have had this strange passion for the ocean for as long as I can remember. When I was little I was fascinated with drawing scuba divers and aluminum 80 tanks. Naturally, I became a diver certified through PADI via a local dive shop called Ocean Enterprises. After getting my certification, I loved diving so much I went on to obtain my advanced open water diver certification which enables me to "safely" descend up to 100ft underwater.

My dive buddy Nik and I went on a local dive charter Memorial Day to pay tribute the the fallen ships of Wreck Alley here in San Diego. Another dive buddy named Smitty (Dave) came along with us as we did a three tank dive on the Marissa with Captain Carl.

We had a great time although things started getting chilly (48f). We ended up logging 3 dives for just over an hour of weightlessness in the deep blue. Plenty of awesome sights to see, I particularly enjoyed the swim through on the Yukon and Ruby E. Nik and I are re energized to start diving again and look forward to more good times on the Marissa. I think we are especially excited about experimenting with some underwater videography. Expensive but fun.

Thanks to the Dive master for getting everyone home safe and to Captain Carl who navigated the vessel!

(Photo Courtesy of Brett Tischler, 06/2008 taken aboard the Marissa)

One of our dive profiles thanks to Nik's nice Suunto dive computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment