Monday, August 24, 2009

2009 Start! San Diego Heart Walk

As an African American, heart disease has hit very close to home. As a result, I started to change my eating habits several years ago in order to cut the cholesterol and fat out of my diet. In addition, it was necessary to remain physically active in order to reduce the factors that could ultimately lead into the development of heart disease that my father is suffering from.

That is why I have been a supporter and volunteer for the American heart Association for quite some time now. A close friend of the family is the Senior Director of Communications and Marketing for the San Diego branch and I have had the opportunity of working on a few video projects with him. Most recently, he contacted me to develop a short public service announcement with volunteer and CEO of ROEL Contruction Wayne Hickey to promote the 2009 Start! San Diego Heart Walk. Please come out on Saturday September 19th and support the cause! Here is the final video:

No comments:

Post a Comment