Sunday, August 2, 2009

1996 Avocado League Track & Field Prelims



Every once in a while I like to think back to my high school years and all the good fun we had playing sports. These trips down memory lane often come in the form of conversations with friends, old songs you hear on the radio, and if you are lucky you have some video to watch. Taking a trip down memory lane is always much easier when you have archival video footage. I wouldn't call myself a visionary but I definitely recognized that the moments we shared as adolescents would quickly fade away. I took advantage of any opportunity to bust out the shoulder mount VHS video camera and document my experiences as a high school athlete.


This video is a little bit of footage me and my "crew" took during the 1996 Avocado League Track & Field Preliminaries. Keep in mind that this video is approximately 13 years old and has been converted to digital from an old VHS tape - hence the poor quality. Anyway, thanks to my camera crew including Michael Duncan, Jason Eubanks, and Joe Kim. In addition to my track and field home videos, I also have an extensive library of football footage dating back to my sophomore year. I will do my best to keep posting more archival footage for your viewing pleasure. "May the dreams of your past be the reality of your future."

No comments:

Post a Comment