Sunday, June 7, 2009

Escondido Adventist Academy Graduation

This weekend I had the great pleasure of mixing sound for the EAA graduation ceremonies. The festivities began on Saturday morning for the Baccalaureate followed by class night that evening. The two day event concluded on Sunday afternoon with the commencement ceremonies.

The events ran smoothly with the exception of the senior boys performance during class night. I was told they would need three microphones for the special performance but when the time came it was a different story. The senior ensemble consisted of an acoustic, bass, and electric guitar, bongos, and 8 singers.

I pulled it together in true Events by Design fashion although I used up all 12 channels on my Behringer Europack Pro RX1202FX. It's a good thing our dj's come over-prepared.

This is my second year mixing sound for the EAA commencement and I look forward to the opportunity to do it again next year. The worst part about this gig each year is hearing when the graduates were born. 1991 was the birth year of most of the graduates and it makes me feel really old. Here's to the graduating class of 2009!

Sound: Events by Design
Videography: San Diego Digital Imagery

No comments:

Post a Comment